Smoke Detector Testing Sutherland Shire
$0 Call Out Fee
If you are searching for Smoke Alarm Testing, please call our electricians on 0423 562 257. Our Smoke Detector Specialist at True Local Electricians provide all local Smoke Alarm Testing in the Sutherland Shire.
Smoke Alarm Maintenance & Safety Check
$59 per property
Our Smoke Alarm Testing Sutherland Shire service provides you piece of mind and commitment that landlords are compliant with NSW Smoke Alarm legislation, and tenants are safe from fires. Our technicians are fully qualified to maintain and install all types of smoke detectors and alarms including battery only & 240v AC hardwired models. The cost of our smoke alarm testing program is priced at $59 per property which covers all smoke alarms within the home. During each maintenance check, our electrician will provide the following services:
SMOKE ALARM MAINTENANCE & SAFETY CHECK – $59 per property
- Maintenance check on alarm, including smoke, button and sound tests, inspect the alarms expiry date, clean the alarm and replace 9-volt batteries,
- Smoke alarm positioning check – assessment as to proper alarm positioning to ensure compliance,
- Smoke alarm compliance report following the inspection and service.
- Replacement of faulty or expired smoke alarms with brand named units where required (additional cost per alarm).
Lifetime Warranty on Workmanship
NSW Legislation Changed in March 2020: Does your Property Comply?
The changes that came that came into effect in March 2020 have impacted liability for landlords and strata managers. Here’s a summary of the changes and what is required during Smoke Alarm Testing:
- Landlords and agents are responsible to ensure smoke alarm testing is conducted annually, smoke alarms are replaced within 10 years of manufacture (or earlier if specified), and that batteries are installed or replaced annually in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Landlords and agents are responsible to ensure the urgent repair of smoke alarms (including battery replacement) within 2 business days of being notified by the tenant.
- Tenants must notify their landlord or agent if a smoke alarm is not working or needs a battery changed.
- Tenants may be allowed to replace alarms or batteries or engage a licensed electrician to do so if the landlord or agent has not arranged to restore the alarm to working order within 2 business days. The regulations are complex and are different for strata and non-strata premises.
- Landlords and agents must give 2 business days’ notice to inspect smoke alarms and 1 hour notice to carry out repair or replacement.
- Smoke Alarm Installation & battery replacement must be done according to manufacturer instructions for the specific brand and type of alarm.
The new changes represent a huge new administrative burden, but property managers don’t have to carry it! True Local Electricians simple annual smoke alarm service is designed to meet all new regulations.
Sutherland is a suburb in southern Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. Sutherland is located 26 kilometres south of the Sydney central business district and is the administrative centre for the local government area of the Sutherland Shire. The Sutherland Shire is a local government area in the southern region of Sydney, in the state of New South Wales, Australia. The Sutherland Shire comprises an area of 370 square kilometres and as at the 2016 census had an estimated population of 218,464. We are rated the best Sutherland Shire Electrician.